Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dirty Windows

“Windows installed new updates.”  Yes, I know.  Windows also shut down in the middle of the blog I was reading about farts.
“Windows failed to restore” my last session properly.  “What would you like Windows to do now?”  Don’t tempt me with that question, Windows.

“Windows cannot write your blog for you.”  Windows doesn’t even want me to write my blog. Apparently.
There are many things Windows cannot do.  Windows cannot return me to my place in the middle of the fart story.  Windows can’t recover the words it lost on my blog piece in between auto save and random updates. Windows cannot read my mind—which is a good thing at this moment.  Windows cannot tell me why they didn’t install those updates at 3 a.m. last night when it closed out my browser the last time. Windows cannot apologize for rumytypingdely interrupting my morning reading. 
Windows cannot stop moving my cursor to inappropriate places right in the middle of . . .  ah, geez.  Look what Windows did in the middle of my last paragraph. That could be Word’s fault or even my supersensitive laptop, but I’m blaming Windows. Talk about an attitude.
I think Windows is either female or a dog or a female dog—Windows needs a lot of attention and becomes destructive when I’m not meeting her needs.  I thought Windows was created to serve me, but . . . . STOP highlighting random words from other paragraphs and deleting them while I’m typing!!!
I’m going back to pen and paper.  Windows is going in time out.
I saw that look, Windows. Don’t mess with me.



(Photo courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/robgiampietro/5298280750/)

8 comments:

  1. Bought a new computer with Windows 8 recently. It was like an old female dog that loves to pee on the carpet. Although, after hours of attention from tech support, she is doing much better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So we're in agreement, then? Windows is alive. I was afraid of that. ;) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. You really should see some of the delightful typos and auto corrects I've had when typing longish things on my phone... It can be funny, but so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know!! There's been a few times Katy or Rob have written back to me telling me to re-read my own text to them. I wish I kept track of some of the things I've almost sent! Hysterical!

      Delete
  3. Wow, my blog post on farts is so awesome it's being attacked by Windows. I'm honored!

    Seriously, the most annoying thing to me is that Windows tries to read my mind, and it is ALWAYS wrong. I wish that it would just give up on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a very funny post, Liz! I wish I'd linked the mention of it to your blog so people can read it!

      Delete
  4. I needed this laugh! This post is hilarious! AND I know what you're talking about. I'm have a love/hate relationship with Windows myself. Glad to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for laughing! Even as I write this, my cursor jumped back in front of the second word. Either I'm too sensitive or my laptop is! Thanks for commenting! Hope to hear from you again!

      Delete