Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sincerely

Dear Anonymous,
Ever since I took the authentication box off this blog, the most amazing thing has begun to happen – I’ve been getting more comments!  And most of them have been from you. 
I confess, I couldn’t exactly follow your train of thought the first two times you responded.  Kind of reminded me of that short story I wrote in French 101. I didn’t get a very good grade on it—turns out they like complete sentences in foreign countries.  Tough crowd, those French.
What I like about your insights are how positive they are.  For example, when I wrote that I’m terrible at Words With Friends, you said it was a “great piece” and that you will “be going through a few of these issues as well.”  Thank you.  Maybe you’ll be able to find a use for the word ‘odah’ since even the Scrabble dictionary doesn’t have a definition for it. I bet it could help with those issues, whatever they are.
And when I wrote about my frustration with the TSA, you replied that you and your friends are “volunteers starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.”  Boy.  That says it all right there. And then you said I have “done a outstanding job!”  Talk about feeling proud!  I nearly busted my buttons off right here in my niche. I hope reading my blog gives you the initiative to avoid pat downs at the airport.
But honestly, your comment today was so nice. I’m not sure you understood when you read it, though, that the piece I wrote was just a joke about whether or not my husband thinks I should get liposuction. But I’m glad you think it’s “so wonderful to find somebody with some genuine thoughts on this topic.”  And thanks for saying I’m “so awesome!”  I guess that means you don’t think I need liposuction.  Right? 
So thanks for dropping by. And hey, I appreciate all those invitations for me to visit your web sites sometime.  I had a little trouble reading the name of the last one—was that written in Russian or Greek?
Sincerely,
The view
p.s. You understand, don’t you, Anonymous, why I couldn’t actually publish your kind remarks? Frankly, I’m kind of worried somebody might have stolen your identity. You ought to find a more original name.


Photo courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/fil/247294899/

6 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, I do not miss the authentication but I am sorry that Anonymous is being so silly. That guy just doesn't understand proper netiquette. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cute - netiquette! I'm going to pass that on to my sister, whose nickname is Nette! Sorry - got distracted there. That's a good word from you, that it's easier to comment now. The spam isn't really a problem. The one today was pretty funny - it almost turned my head until I realized how generic it was. I think I've actually heard from five different spammers, based on the different sites they want me to visit.

      Delete
  2. I agree, the anti spam authentication was fairly difficult to maneuver on my little mobile phone. Don't miss it. Hopefully Sir Spams-a-lot and his cronies continue being so positively uplifting! They were right though... You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's so nice of you, Mendy! You know, I never thought about people reading this blog from their phones and then having to deal with the "prove you are not a robot" box. I read an article of five things bloggers do that drive their readers insane, and one of them was that box. They said just deal with the spam and they were right. It's been no big deal and kind of entertaining!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! You are so funny! Some of the spam messages just crack me up and it was such a cute idea to poke fun at them in your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks, Emi! They're really getting more entertaining - I wish they were as sincere as they sound, though. ;)

      Delete