Saturday, February 16, 2013

Chicken Nuggets

“YaYa, I’m so hungry, I could eat a giraffe!” Allie exclaimed as I called her and sister Jules in from the playroom for some lunch.
“Wow,” I replied. “That’s pretty hungry.”
She followed me into the kitchen where I had a grilled cheese sandwich and some apple slices waiting.

“Yeah. Momma says giraffes taste horrible,” she went on, “but I could still eat one.”
“Well, then,” I said over my shoulder, “I’ll see if I can find you some giraffe.” And I opened the refrigerator.
“No!” she yelled, panicked.  “I don’t really want any giraffe! They taste horrible!”
I don’t know if that’s really true, though.  I don’t think she’s ever tasted giraffe.  I heard if you use a little ketchup it tastes a lot like chicken.
See? That’s why I’ve never opened my own restaurant.
Picky customers.

2 comments: