Friday, February 1, 2013

How We Keep The Spark Alive

Overheard in our truck today: 

Best Beloved:  "I might get up early enough to watch some golf tomorrow. Or some hunting shows."
His Beloved:   "You have a pretty short list of interests there."

Best Beloved:   "Right.  I forgot that you have so many.  Let’s see—House Hunters and . . . the Food Network."
His Beloved:      "And Joseph Prince.  Don't forget him.  I have spiritual interests, too."

Best Beloved:    "Yeah. That makes you better."
His Beloved:       "No. That makes me spiritual. Plus, nothing dies on my watch."

That’s where the conversation died.  Guess I was wrong.

2 comments:

  1. You need to add some science fiction into your routine. Then people can die on your watch. But they'll be fictional people, so you can still feel spiritual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm . . . the problem is I don't actually want anyone to die, including Bambi and her cousins. Then again, they do cook venison on the cooking shows I watch, so I suppose that's hypocritical of me. And not very spiritual. Sigh. Rob wins by default.

      Delete